[OM] Re: Looking for a light, not-expensive tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a light, not-expensive tripod
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:19:58 -0800 (PST)
It's only a little bit on the short side, but you might want to
check out the Sanford and Davis one that I've written about on
my website.

www.image66media.com

It'll require a small bit of modification once a couple
piece-parts wear out (won't take too long), but it's VERY
usable.  Best part is that it's lightweight and allows low-level
macro work.  Mine is modded to double as a "shoulder-stock" in a
pinch too.  It straps nicely to the top of the bag on my bicycle
or to my backpack.

Otherwise, I'd suggest the Bogen/Monfrotto 3001 base.  A minor
bit of surgery will allow it to go ground-level too.  It's
lightweight and robust.  I use a Bogen heavy-duty ball-head (hex
plate version) and have the legs covered with foam.  In the
pre-9/11 days i used to carry this with me through airports all
over the USA and Europe.  It's been abused and even busted an
overhead compartment on a 727.  But it still lives on to see
another picture.  I doubt that I'd carry it through airports
today since it's covered with camo.

Got the jitters?  Pictures not sharp?
Start your own support group today.

'Pods of the Barbarians.