[OM] Re: Is there something to see in Scotland ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is there something to see in Scotland ?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:31:12 -0000
Chris is right, that Kelso is a long way from the highlights of deepest
Scotland.

If you want a sample of what scenery the north can offer without having to
go there, I recommend Dumfries and the surroundings.

If you want variety, and have the time, I suggest going from Glasgow across
to Arran, then on to Kintyre, north to Oban, Fort William, Mallaig over to
Skye returning via Kylerhea to Glenelg, on to Inverness, Ballater, Banchory
and down the coast to Inverbervie, where you can take in a deep fried Mars
bar at the Bervie Chipper (I can't recommend deep-fried pizza). From there
you can easily pick up Chris' suggestions, since you are not that far from
Falkirk and Stirling.

If you have more time, then after Skye divert north to go up to Sutherland,
whose scenery is completely different from the Scottish highlands, but no
less impressive, and maybe take an afternoon's rest on one of the best, most
deserted and most isolated sandy beach in the country (Sandwood Bay -
http://tinyurl.com/53val ) before returning to Inverness.

How about a ZA clan gathering - or even a ceilidh?

--
Piers