[OM] Re: Off the wall guestion about close up lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Off the wall guestion about close up lenses
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:28:50 +1100
Note that some Nikon and Canon close-up dioptres are two element and
far superior to even a B+W single element. That may account for some of
the odd price differentials.
I seem to remember seeing an article that claimed that using Nikon top
quality 2-element types (achromatic, anastigmatic, whatever - don't
tell me, I don't care) on a lens performed better than putting the same
lens on bellows.
AndrewF