[OM] Re: OM4TI

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4TI
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:17:18 -0200
Hi Francisco,

> I have some relatives living in the USA, so, if the seller do not want to send
> the camera to south america, he will shipping it to the USA, not to Brazil,
> where I live.
Quite an advantage, not only because of shipping but also because of
service.

> My gear is an old OM-1 MD, which was bought by my father back in the eighties.
Well, I'm hunting a new OM-1 MD - still don't know if it's 1 or 1n. Chrome
finish. Still didn't agree its price.

> I have three 50mm - one f/1.4 MC > 1000000 serial number (an outstanding
> lens),
Certainly, wish I have one.

> another f/1.4 single coated (not so sharp, but I like its overall low
> contrast),
Really - low contrast. Mine is 713594.
Its true flaw is poor flare control.

> and a 50mm f/1.8 (with some fungus in the rear lens);
I joined this list when had a panic attack triggered by fungus in my 21/3.5
:^)

> a 85mm f/2
> for portraits (lovely lens!), and a 35-70mm "plastic" Zuiko zoom (great too
> for a zoom lens). I also bought a zoom Tokina 35-200mm for Olympus mount,
> which I rarely use (its optics is far worse than that of the Zuiko's).
Never tried these.

> I bought a Nikon FM2n some years ago, but I didn't like to use it, I do not
> feel the same pleasure making photographs with it as with my old OM-1.
Perhaps, me too I feel much more attached to my old OM-2 my father bought
after my advice than to my new 2n. I have used some Nikon bodies, none of
them were mine, but I did enjoy them - specially that black F2... recently I
holded a FM2 with a 24/2.8. Very nice.

> I live in Brasilia.
Wow, we're really far away. It's been a long time since I last visited Rio.
Last time I crossed the border was heading to Floripa in '89.

So you don't have your 24/2 yet?

Fernando.