[OM] Re: Car charger for E-1 ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Car charger for E-1 ?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:28:59 -0800
Thanks Michael,

Several years ago I bought a couple Panasonic NiMH battery chargers which
turned out to be a big mistake. They did a rapid charge and didn't detect
full charge. They would toast the batteries.

I would be very reluctant to hook an Oly battery pack up to a charger unless
I was pretty certain it was well behaved. Even the inverter has me a little
concerned. I believe a lot of chargers use the magnetics to set the current.
If the inverter puts out an oddball AC waveform the charger may not work as
expected.

I'm surprised more people haven't dealt with recharging the E-1 batteries
from a car. I can run my laptop or recharge AA batteries but the E-1 is
still tethered to the wall. Buying a yaBe charger with battery pack might be
the safest way to go. If it doesn't destroy it's own battery pack, it would
give me freedom from the wall cord.

Thanks, -jeff