[OM] Re: Canon D20

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon D20
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:06:58 -0800
Lars Bundesen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I haven't followed the discussions closely lately, so my question might have
>been answered already, but I'd like to ask if any of you have tried the new
>Canon D20 DSLR and how does it compare with Olympus' E-1?

Wer're not allowed to answer that here.  :-)

Assuming you know somethng about how the 10D compares to the E-1, the
20D adds megapixels, now 8 vs. 5 on the E-1, faster AF that works in
lower light than the 10D, which was already faster and worked in lower
light than the E-1, 0.2 sec (WOW, a big deal to me) start-up time
(10D-2.5, E-1-1.7), 1/8000 top speed (both 1/4000), 1/250 sec flash sync
(10D-1/200, E1-1/180) and even lower noise, where the 10D was already
lower than the E-1, especially at higher isos.

Of course, that's specs only, how a camera feels in your hands and works
for you and how the images look to you are less tangible, but possibly
more important. Anyone who liked the 10D or 300D will likely love the
20D. Those who didn't, won't.

I wish I could say I think the E-1 is competitive, but it isn't for me.
Other opinions will vary. I REALLY hope Oly can pull a rabbit out of the
hat with the next E series body.

Moose