[OM] OM 4Ti

Subject: [OM] OM 4Ti
From: Ralph Nitschke <rnitschke@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:43:14 -0800
Greetings all,

It has been ages since I've been on the list, swept along by family and
work commitments.

A couple of months ago I was out hiking with my 7 year-old son.  Took
him up a local mountain (Mt. Cyprus for those in the know), got him to
the top, pulled out the trusty 4Ti, mounted a lens, popped in a new
film, clicked the shutter to set the film - and nothing.   Ah batteries,
no problem, popped in a fresh set, but still nothing; although the meter
functioned and the camera merrily beeped during the internal test.  Odd?
Annoyed and concerned, we finished the hike and headed back home; photo
less :(

Wasn't sure if this was a sign to go digital, so held off on bringing it
in to VanCam until last week.  If the operation is a success, it should
be back in my hands as good as new for more than I wanted to spend.
Curious to what a body might fetch these days I had a look on evilBay
and was surprised that there weren't any listed.

Has the market dried up that much?  Or perhaps no more interest?

I suppose I'm just trying to justify the money I'm putting in to the
camera vs. switching.  But with the assortment of Zuiko glass and
accessories I reckon it is the right move.  Although the C-8080 looks oh
so tempting.

Ralph