[OM] Re: Northern Lights

Subject: [OM] Re: Northern Lights
From: mms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:01:54 -0500 (EST)

> BTW, what leather on the OM-1?  <g>

Factory black vinyl :)

I agree with Ken that one can make impressive still photographs of the
phenomenon.  But you have to be there to take in the *motion*.

I have a pretty good view to the S-SE, almost to the horizon line, and to
see a green flame race across the entire sky in a fraction of a second is
. . . weird.  I dragged out a reclining beach chair and looked straight up
for some time.  The only thing I can compare it to is some
computer-animation effect, except of course it was real . . . like
watching a ballet.

I made a point of checking on subsequent nights, but it looks like the
(now legendary) show of Nov. 8 was the one to watch.

Morgan Sparks