[OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:35:31 -0500
Tim said:
Chuck,
       The Om2S and OM4's use a sensitive gate, high voltage thyristor
switch, so can easily withstand the <330V on the flash contacts (typ
more like 200V for m,any flashes) .  The Om1/2 uses mechanical switch
with test insulation of 500V according to service manual.  The Om2N uses
mechanical contact isolated by 1N4004 (400V ) diode. <snip>

Thanks, Tim.  That's really good to know.  I think I'm going to hold my
breath and try the Vivitar 283 (250 volts) on one of the OM-2s's.  Can I
assume that the OM-10, OM-G and OM-PC(40) will survive as well?

Chuck Norcutt