[OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM System flash units?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:01:00 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Mark, Is there anywhere, you are aware of, where Olympus gives this  answer.
> I want it to be true, however I hesitate to attach my T-28, F  -280 or other
> OM flashes to my e-1.  If doing so fries the innards of my  e-1 and Olympus
> has officially sanctioned its use, I'm going to send it to them  for repair
> (free), however if they didn't say it was OK I hate to risk it.   Thanks in
> advance for your answer.  Bill Barber

I doubt Olympus puts that in writing anywhere.  In fact, it'll probably be
difficult to find anyone in Olympus who even knows what an OM flash is :-)
If you want to assure yourself that a flash is truely safe, measure the
voltage across the hot shoe once it has reached full charge.  If it's anywhere
near 200V-300V then don't use it with the E-1 or any other electronic cmaera.
                                -mark