[OM] Re: e*ay charges, while we are on about that

Subject: [OM] Re: e*ay charges, while we are on about that
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:03:12 -0500
on 2004/11/08 3:03 AM, Brian Swale at bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I will just draw to your attention that Henry's of Canada which auctions
> things
> from time to time, sets sometimes slightly ridiculous postal charges (on the
> high side of reasonable).
>
> They won't respond to e-mails to discuss this nor do they reduce their postal
> rates  (if they actually do read the e-mails).

I've noticed this, and IIRC the Xpresspost rate they quote is national,
whereas I'm in the same city as they are. However, they are a large
business, and large businesses like to keep things simple and uniform. Some
of this I sympathize with as necessary, but to some extent it's sacrificing
customer service for profit. That's where small businesses can have the
advantage.

It seems many businesses have high international shipping costs. KEH and B&H
are both quite high. I'm not sure why this is - it's not much extra work to
send something out of the country here (Canada). Is there extra hassle
shipping out of the States?

Andrew