[OM] Re: [OT] Paypal charges, was interesting items still get good price

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Paypal charges, was interesting items still get good prices
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 20:49:06 -0500
on 2004/11/06 10:35 AM, Simon Worby at simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I see your point, but it's a market economy. Merchants don't have to accept
> c/c. If enough people didn't like it, rivals would set up and thrive.

If there were 20 different commonly-accepted credit cards a market would
work properly. With 2.5 and the large financial institutions all signed up
with one or another it doesn't. That's just reality.

Ditto e-auctions and OS's unfortunately. In the latter case various tactics
have been used to throttle competition, but Bill bought himself a president
and got the hounds called off.

Personally I've stopped trading on eBay for this and other reasons. Voted
with my feet. (e-feet? no, that doesn't sound right... :-) )

Andrew