[OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:20:43 -0500 (EST)

While on the subject...how do you like the Digital Rebel's viewfinder?
Here is the reason why I am so interested in your answer:
You might remember that throughout the years, I have complained about the
viewfinder of the OM's.  I always thought that if is very difficult to compose
a picture by looking through it (slightly exaggerating...).
My complaint was about where it places the image.  I always thought it places
it too close to the eye, sitting on the first row at the movies or even better:
watching TV from a less than a foot distance from the screen are the first
analogies that come to mind...(yes I know, I keep exaggerating, but forget
about it and keep in mind that I am trying to illustrate a point here...)
Soon after you had your "confession" I stopped by the Apple store in New
Hampshire and was able to handle one of the digital rebels...I was amazed by
the viewfinder.  The distance was perfect, I was able to see the whole picture
and also was not so far (as in the K1000 I think) where you start loosing
detail in the elements composing the picture.
Christmas is coming and I would be fondling some Canons, I think...
Boris
P.S.  Brian, I still have a Praktica, but never use it, because there is no one
around here to fix it if something goes wrong.  Your account was right, it is
built to withstand a lot of abuse...mine is in "mint" condition though.

Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com