[OM] An interesting item on *bay

Subject: [OM] An interesting item on *bay
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:06:38 EST

I noticed this 24mm f2.0, item #3850125401, and the seller describes:

"However, the lens has developed a yellowish cast to it due a thorium glass
element. (Reads about 100 counts per minute on my geiger counter. Not
dangerous,  but interesting.) Serial number 100794."

I didn't know that the 24mm f2.0 had some of the radioactive elements. New
data to me, and important since this is one that I [eventually] want to add  to
my collection. Anybody else have experience like this? The serial number is
very early, so maybe Zuiko moved away from this at some point?

Dave