[OM] Re: The Old 14" and New 16" 'Scope Saga [was Wooo Hoooo . . . Foun

Subject: [OM] Re: The Old 14" and New 16" 'Scope Saga [was Wooo Hoooo . . . Found the Lens Hood!]
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:01:02 -0800 (PST)
--- "John A. Lind" <jljlindpitfire.net> wrote:

> We were supposed to have a new 16" Meade up before the eclipse.  A
> new 6" TaTakahashierefractorill also be piggybacked on it (need to
get > the 16" up first).

Oh my, I'm drooling... a 6" TaTakahashi I bet that scope will be used
more than the 16" Meade.

> Monday evening I need to make some measurements to ensure the rework
> of the new equatorial wedge puts the new 'scope in the center of the
> dome(the pier is offset).

So if I understand you correctly, the new wedge will set the Meade off
center from the pier?  By how much?  The wedge must have a unique and
robust design  to provide stability with the offset.  I'd love to see a
photo of it if you can find the free time to take one.  I wish I lived
nearby so I could take a peek. :)

Thanks for your kind words on my asastrohoto of the PlPleiades I was
able to extract a bit more detail in the digital file than I had in the
print by using the curves tool.  I wish I had hyhyperedolor film
available to me when I took the photo.

Richard

http://messenger.yahoo.com