[OM] Re: Vomit Comet retires

Subject: [OM] Re: Vomit Comet retires
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:53:48 -0600
That's a strange coincidence!  I recently scanned in some pictures of
the KC-135 and other planes to show a friend.  They're at
<http://homepage.mac.com/markml>. The scans aren't the best, but all
were taken with OM's. You can see me on the KC-135 in my TOPE 1 entry.

I'm not terribly surprised they're retiring it.  Although it was the
the penultimate KC-135 built, it was brand-new in 1964 or so.  I last
flew on it in 2001 and saw a lot of scenes like  crop0008.  Usually the
mechanics had an engine cover off and were working on it before we even
got off the plane after landing.

Also, if anyone is interested, crop0001 and 2 are a WB-57 (one of 2
flying in the world). crop0004, 6, and 7 are the Super Guppy after and
before NASA's paint job. crop0005 is, of course, the business end of a
Saturn V, and crop0009 is a B-52 at Fairchild AFB in Spokane,
Washington.

Thanks for pointing out the story Gary.

Mark