[OM] Re: [OT] Economic Dispersions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Economic Dispersions
From: "Evan Ruff" <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:14:21 -0400
Quick Point:

The change from 2003 <- 2002 (Percent Distribution)

# Households between $10,000 - $34,999 : (31.9 vs 32) -1%
# Households between $35,000 - $74,999 : (33 vs 33.1) -1%
# Households of $75,000+ : (26.1 vs 25.9) +2%

* I did not include households making earning than $9,999.

While this data is by no means staggering, it does show that while the
number of middle class is decreasing, the number of lower class is also
decreasing. Americans are becoming wealthier. Not necessarily a bad sign.

The number of people with health insurance also grew by 1 million. That's an
uncorrected number, so I don't know if this is enough of an actual change to
be outside the survey error, but at least it's something.

OM Content: Hopefully this will continue and I can purchase that 21 f/2 I
have my eye on.

Evan

Source: http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p60-226.pdf  ... Page 35