[OM] ( OM) Tokina 17mm SL F/3.5

Subject: [OM] ( OM) Tokina 17mm SL F/3.5
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:52:37 +1300
Hi all

Who can report anything on the performance of the
OM-fit Tokina 17mm SL F/3.5  ??
See *bay Item number: 3846799959

I flagged this one away as it got too rich for my blood, but I will be keeping
my eyes open. There have been at least 3 auctioned in the last 3 years, as I
have saved three different sets of images for the record.

The few reports I've seen indicate a good (sharp) performance but lines do
not stay straight; whereas with the Samyang 18-28 I have they do remain
very straight even at 18mm.

Incidentally, from memory, when this one was released in the late 1980's,
the price was around $1400 USD, more or less.

Brian
http://www.gregpalast.com/bff-dvd.htm
palast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy," out this month on DVD