[OM] Re: lens cleaning - sorry to bring this up again

Subject: [OM] Re: lens cleaning - sorry to bring this up again
From: Der Eiserne Reiter <ferider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:00:29 -0700 (PDT)
I strongly suggest not to use Acetone.

Well worn underwear (clean :-) or cloth diapers (also clean !) and breath work
well
in most cases in which a brush does not suffice.

If breath is not sufficient, use Isopropanol.

Cleaning marks are real as I found out when trying to buy an old Summicron on
the bay
recently - old Leica lenses are notorious for a software coating. Unlike what
bay vendors like to suggest, I am convinced that in terms of outcome there is no
difference between small scratches and cleaning marks.

Roland.

=====
FeRider (R.)

http://messenger.yahoo.com