[OM] Re: About Leica Voightlander

Subject: [OM] Re: About Leica Voightlander
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:39:26 +1000
Wayne,

I bought it in Aden en route to UK for the Great Australian
Back-To-The-Old-Dart trip a year after we were married (I was twenty four).
Aden was a bunkering stop for P&O ships then and of course also a duty free
port. The M3 was fifty UK pounds with 50/f1.5 Summarit. But I found this
lens quite soft and swapped it at Wallace & Heaton for a 50/f3.5 Elmar and
have never been sorry. The body is still silky smooth and has only required
one CLA since new. The camera I had before it was a Rolleiflex TLR with
75/f3.5 Tessar (and I sometimes wish I still had it).

John,
Sydney, Oz.