[OM] Re: US elections (OT and no pretence of anything else!)

Subject: [OM] Re: US elections (OT and no pretence of anything else!)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:47:26 -0700
on 10/26/04 7:51 PM, James N. McBride at jnmcbr@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm afraid our half-baked opinions would not do much to cool the "melting
> hot" environment there. May good fortune come your way.  /jmac

Vote the way I do... with one hand holding my nose.

Seems like one of the best 'features' of the American political system is
that with the designed-in "checks and balances" nobody in Washington can
actually get anything extreme or radical done in the four to eight years
they have... there's just too many competing bureaucratic special fiefdoms,
Congressional partisan gridlock, competing legions of well-funded
special-interest groups and lobbyists to actually allow any kind of major
well-considered and statesmanlike political change to be accomplished.

In a way I'm kind of glad, we in the great unlobbying middle have all the
strong forces of inertia on our side. <g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

I vote for my OM's with my $$ all the time...