[OM] Re: About Leica Voightlander

Subject: [OM] Re: About Leica Voightlander
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:43:47 +1000
The 'practice' thing is probably right but I have a suspicion there's more
to it. When I bought the M3 I bought a Weston III with it. I used this meter
for virtually every shot. Somehow the extra 'fiddling' made me concentrate
more whereas the more modern SLR's (Mamiya ZE-X in the early eighties and
OM's in the early noughties) have made me too slack and trusting. Exposures
have been too easy and thus often wrong, sharpness has been affected
sometimes because camera was held too loose and with all that vibration
happening at time of exposure instead of just the gentle shutter...

I guess I'll just have to concentrate more.

John,
Sydney, Oz.