[OM] Re: E Accessories - prices!/now about leica voightlander

Subject: [OM] Re: E Accessories - prices!/now about leica voightlander
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:54:20 -0300

>.....Result, I bought a
> Leica M6 and a pocket full of Voigtlander lenses!
>      Travel kit is light, convenient, and I really
> ENJOY using it! i will NEVER sell my Olympus kit but I
> have decided digital - with its astronomical
> depreciation is NOT for me. Carrying the M6 with wide
> angle lens attached reminds me of why I first bought
> into the Olympus system.
>           Regards, John Duggan (unrepentant LUDDITE)

I'm interested to know why you went with the Leica body and Voigtlander
lenses. Or am I thinking of something different here than what you bought?
Awhile ago I looked a bit at the Cameraquest site's praise of the
Cosina/Voightlander bodies and I have thought of going with the cheaper
bodies. Admittedly I like collecting, and am kind of coming to the end of
building the OM system as I want it, so would like to try building another
system; something that is currently being manufactured. Rangefinders do
interest me.
As to digital, I think the C5050 is as far as I want to go in that direction
for some time. Nor am I interested in going much further than the 124G with
medium format. I know there are lots of folks who cry the praises of both,
but neither interest me much right now - too expensive.
Wayne