[OM] Problem with OM1n meter solved, OM4T unlocked

Subject: [OM] Problem with OM1n meter solved, OM4T unlocked
From: "Ing. Radovan Faltus" <faltusr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:22:07 +0200
Thanks John for info,
   the problem wasn't in coil-to-ground connection,
but surprisingly in battery plus pole-to-ground connection.
The solution was to increase force of minus spring contact
and to solder a middle part inside of a battery cap.

By the way i've solved the problem with locking the mechanics
of OM-4T caused by overwinding. The key help was to
remove bottom plate of my OM-2 and just study how the
system of winding works.

Overwinding was caused by MD2 when i closed a back door,
it means during loading a film to initial position, but with empty
chambers - without a roll. (mode lever in Manual)

After unlocking the camera works and winds properly with or without MD2.

Can anybody tell me which part failed resulted in overwinding?
Does the critical part need a maintenance?

Regards,
Radek