[OM] Trying the slide scanner

Subject: [OM] Trying the slide scanner
From: "Terry and Tracey" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:44:55 +1000
Well, I've put a photo from the bushfires we had here in January 2003. There
were some serious fires around town.
http://www.foxcrofts.com/Photos/Photos.htm

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Chris, I haven't tried digital ICE. I predominately use Kodachrome, so I'm
getting used to adjusting the colour balance first - these slides always
scan in as blue. I remembered your comment about the blower right after I
posted it to the net. Oh well.
Next, I've got to learn the software better. The scanner came with it's
generic imaging software and Photoshop Elements. I haven't installed
elements yet, but have Photoshop 6 on the PC. Haven't used it for slides
yet.
I've got to find where I can save as a jpg in the Minolta software. At
present I save it as a tif and convert it in Microsoft Photo Editor to drop
it's file size to less than 100 kB. I know the setting is in there
somewhere, but like all males I only read the manual as a last resort.

The Aurora Australis happens at the same time as  the Aurora Borealis. The
best way to describe one is to lay on the floor beneath one of those silly
thin curtains that wives like hanging between the thick curtain and the
window. Get horribly drunk - you will require many different spirits. Open
the wondow (or get someone else to as you can no longer stand and have lost
motor skills) and look up at the curtain. This is what the auroroa looks
like. My desription anyway. Actually, I think most times I saw one down
there I was horribly drunk on spirits. This is starting to explain a lot.

Foxy