[OM] Re: Tamron 28-105/2.8 opinions?

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 28-105/2.8 opinions?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:37:43 -0700
Hi Mike:

<< Any opinions on this lens? I seem to remember it being discussed
favorably in the past. >>

I posted the Popular Photography SQF grades at:
< http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm >
along with my own testing grades at even more focal length settings than
the magazine. Those C and worse wide open grades and the too short a
twist to the focusing helical makes this a difficult to focus lens, in
my humble opinion, as posted here years ago.  I listened to a wedding
photographer hype the lens at a Tamron booth and got the distinct
impression it really wasn't his favorite lens - he just had to say it
was.  I think it is a very high profit item for Tamron.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV