[OM] Re: Macro of Digi Zuikos?

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro of Digi Zuikos?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:30:47 +0100
Thanks Jeff

The Olympus UK site lists only magnification factor, which I don't
understand.  But the Olympus America site lists, as you point out, the
ratio of magnification for one lens and the magnification factor for
another.  The specification for the 50mm Macro suggests that it has
similar magnification factor to the 14-54!  Yet again, the UK site
gives what looks like a different result for the 50mm.  I don't really
understand mag factors, to be honest, but the apparent discrepancies
between regional websites is not very reassuring.  It's a great pity
that there is so little consistency in design of the specification
table or the units used in them.

http://www.olympus-pro.co.uk/index.eu.uk.html?content=/eu/uk/product/
e300.html

That E-300 certainly looks like an attractive replacement for my C*non
G5; if only someone would test the noise production of the 8mp sensor

Cheers

Chris

On 11 Oct 2004, at 20:43, Jeff Keller wrote:

> Didn't see any responses - The Olympus web site lists most of the info
> you
> ask for via image magnification:
>
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_lens_14mm.asp  1:4 mag
> (2 3/8" x 1 3/4" at 54mm FL is what I see with the camera)
> (which goes down to about 1 5/8" x 1 1/8" w  EC-14 teleconverter)
>
> http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_lens_ez1122mm.asp  0.13X mag
> (5" x 3 3/4" at 22mm FL quick view through camera)
> (3 5/8" x 2 5/8" with EC-14)
>
> -jeff

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker