[OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II

Subject: [OM] Re: BW Paper revisited part II
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:02:18 +1000
> Winsor Crosby [mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Matthew Brady in the late 1800s, travelled around with a horse and
> closed wagon. He mixed his own emulsions and coated glass plates with
> it.

It's funny, but I have recollections of that, though I'm
almost positive (rather than negative ;-) ) that I heard
of it here.

> The invention of film moved things magnitudes forward in
> convenience and quality due to higher tech.  I don't think
> you will be making materials that will be usable in your OM.

No, I wouldn't have expected so. I was tying it more to
"classical" B&W process in general than specifically to OM or
even 35mm, though I didn't want to preclude them either.

Maybe I should just shut up and do some research. :-)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz