[OM] Re: step down rings?

Subject: [OM] Re: step down rings?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:18:33 +0000
That was my understanding and the reasoning behind the advice I gave,
particularly after I finally understood the intented hood was 49mm and not 40mm
in diameter.  I would guess that a 21mm lens on an E-1 has a FOV roughly
equivalent to a 40mm lens on a full-frame 35mm body, so I suppose it just makes
sense that that's why Iwert plans to use the lens hood meant for the 40mm lens.
 All the vignetting will be well outside the sensor area.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --