[OM] Re: oly 35RD--VF and focussing ease

Subject: [OM] Re: oly 35RD--VF and focussing ease
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:00:36 +0930
At 10:24 PM -0700 2004.09.29, Siddiq wrote:
>how easy it is to focus in low light using a 35RD w/ a clean RF/VF? the
>light i'm talking about would generally not be brighter than 1/15sec @ f/4

I don't have a 35RD but a 35SPn, with a RF I find very easy to use.

I set up a grey card to read 1/15 at f 4 and had no trouble using it at
1.5, 4 and 9 metres.

>on 400 speed film with a f/2 lens mounted. for reference, i have an om1n,
>so stock screen, not the brighter 2 series or beatties. assuming a clean
>RF, would focussing be easier on RF (i use the microprism on the 1-13
>screen in those lighting conditions).

I compared it with an OM1n with 1-13. This is somewhat easier to use due
mostly to larger image size.

When I reduced light to 2sec at f4, this was particularly noticeable.

I suspect the 1-13 gives a more accurate focus also, although both read the
same on the somewhat imprecise lens markings.

regards
  Andrew