[OM] Re: WTT 50f1.2 for 55f1.2

Subject: [OM] Re: WTT 50f1.2 for 55f1.2
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:48:34 -0700

Informed choices are usually better but sometimes uniformed choices work out
very well (didn't D. Rumsfeld say that on this list several months ago?)

My memory must have been way off. I was quite certain all three of the 1.2
lenses had been criticized a fair amount for resolution, contrast, AND
bokeh. It would seem that the 50 f1.2 is almost a must have lens (that sure
seems like a new opinion - thanks John & Moose). Now if I can find a nice
silver nosed 50mm f1.2 ...  But give me a week and who knows what I'll
remember...

By interchangeable I was referring to focal length, max aperture, size, and
weight (its pretty easy to say a 90mm macro and 100 f2.8 aren't
interchangeable). Clearly people have their preferences among lenses and
wouldn't change one for a similar model and it often isn't resolution or
contrast that is the deciding factor. However maybe I remember that because
it seems too often I'm not able to see the differences that others have ...

-jeff