[OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:13:23 +1000
Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome!

I've had a look at the button on the mount (using the 50mm as a loupe) and
it looks fine - is about 1mm high, it's shape is conical and appears to be
fully intact.

I thought it could be the elec contact pad under the spot button too.  But
this intermittent problem also affects the memory switch around the shutter
release.  If the memory switch works, then the spot button (usually)
works.  But most often neither works.

And no matter what I do, if the film is advanced, neither will work.

Off to bed now, will answer replies in the morning. Night all.

Andrew