[OM] Re: 50 f1.4

Subject: [OM] Re: 50 f1.4
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:35:33 +0100
Jim Brokaw wrote:

> Serial number of over 1,100,000 indicates the 'best' of the 50/1.4 formula
> variations... like new with the box. Considering the alternative for a speed
> lens is the 50/1.2 which more typically costs over $200, the price doesn't
> seem out of line now (~$113) though I won't be bidding on it...

No, the price now is fine. But typically prices almost double in the last
minute of an auction, which is the only time many people actually bid.

My experience is that there's not actually much point discussing eBay prices
until they're done & dusted. It will be interesting to see what it actually
sells for.

Simon