[OM] FS - Macro & Fisheye

Subject: [OM] FS - Macro & Fisheye
From: Barry Hinderks <bkhinderks@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:20:35 -0700
Hi there,

I have a few items for sale but first a short story.

Several months ago a salesperson at a camera shop I've dealt with for years
called to say that he had some OM gear in (I have a standing request for
him to call and I've snagged a few nice pieces over time). Seems a priest
who has also been a regular customer over the years was trading in all his
film gear (OM, Leica M, Hassleblad, Contax G) for digital (the Nikon 70 I
think). In any event my guy was making the call as there was so much gear
they didin't want it all in the shop at once. Now all the gear had been
purchased new from them from about 1989 to 1992. None of it had been used
very much at all. Naturally I asked what was all there and immediately we
talked prices. Well they put together a decent package (not a Fang by any
stretch) and I bought it all. Now I knew some of the gear I would likely
either never use or use so seldom I couldn't justify it -- but some I had
lusted for.

I've now started to figure out what I am least likely to ever use and hence
this post. These first items will likely be followed by a few more over the
next few weeks. The List gets first crack before they go to that wonderful
site we all hate :-)

First up is the 135/4.5 macro lens with all caps and the hood. My first
impression was that this lens had never been used and I think other than
being mounted that just may be right. There are no marks anywhere that I
can see. Here are a few shots:
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM135m.01.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM135m.02.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM135m.03.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM135m.04.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM135m.05.jpg
I am asking $325.00US plus actual cost of shipping and insurance.

Second is the 65-116 Auto telescoping tube with the tripod mount. Again
everything looks like new (the mount even arrived in the plastic baggie).
Here are a few shots.
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/ON65115.01.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM65115.02.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhinderks/OM65115.03.jpg
I am asking $175.00US plus actual cost of shipping and insurance

Last is the Zuiko 16mm fisheye. This comes with original rear cap, original
case and the previous owner's home brew front cap that works like a charm.
How the original cap was lost I have no idea as again this lens looks
virtually new. I have shot it (amazing lens) so it has been used on a
camera for sure although you would have to look hard for the munting marks.
Again here are a few shots.
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhindeerks/OM16.01.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhindeerks/OM16.02.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhindeerks/OM16.03.jpg
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhindeerks/OM16.04.jpg
I am asking $650.00 US plus actual cost of shipping and insurance.

I don't buy and sell a lot but do have a good feedback at *B*y under the
name crash96 - check it out. A few older members have dealt with me too.

Look forward to hearing from those interested.

Barry H