[OM] Re: Digital Dilemma

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Dilemma
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:43:13 +1000
> Andrew Fildes [mailto:afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> The bargain is the [Canon EF] 50mm 1.8 which is very cheap and
> very sharp and rather flimsy (you won't believe it could be any
> good).

When I was a kid my parents bought me what I think might
have been one of those Diana plastic cameras (but it was
35mm, so probably not - Diana=MF? Yes?). The 50 1.8 feels
a *tad* better build than that, but not that much.

It, like the Zuiko 50/1.4 on my OM1, hardly ever leaves the
10D, though, of course, it's got the 1.6 magnification
factor. I love it, it's optically good, and it makes me want
the Zuiko around-80mm equivalent for my OM1.

I still love my OM1, and still want to buy it presents
occasionally. :-) A macro would be nice too...and maybe
a mirror lens...

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz