[OM] Re: lubing the winder

Subject: [OM] Re: lubing the winder
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:48:26 -0700
on 9/15/04 6:22 PM, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> That crusty bit of grease you found USED to be a rubber 'O' ring.  It has
> deteriorated, turned to goo and that's why your winder doesn't work.  That
> o ring is definitely the weak link in Winder 1, 2 and Motor drive 1.

Is this a standard o-ring or a special part...? Would a standard o-ring e.g.
1-20 or such work, and what material would you suggest? Buna, neoprene, etc?
I'm always looking to know what the 'swaps' are for parts... though right
now the winders and MD's I have all work.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...