[OM] Re: Two slightly OT questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Two slightly OT questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:45:32 -0700
They are indeed awful. I think the problems are size and cost. A good
zooming finder with parallax correction won't fit in many of the tiny
cameras and the cost would ruin their price point. Even when they try,
it may be no good. I have a Can*n 490Z APS camera, a very nice camera in
many ways. But the viewfinder, which zooms and includes diopter
adjustment and parallax correction, doesn't even get framing right at
infinity, let alone close up.

I count myself lucky with my eye that focuses at about 6-8 inches with
high acuity without my glasses. I haven't looked through the viewfinder
on my little P&S DC for ages. I strictly use the LCD on the back.

Moose