[OM] Re: which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: which slide film?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:36:56 +0800
According to my experience and modern photography test result Zuiko 90/2 is
not a very sharp lens at close distance and your sample has low contrast and
very shallow DOF so very hard to judge. Here is an example at 4000dip no
sharpen, looks a little better in sharpness (for the part in focus). Please
also
note it is a 4000dpi scan, you can't directly compare with your E-1 shoot.
You should resample your E-1 shot to make it the same size as the 4000dpi
one.

http://www.accura.com.hk/P_16.jpg

BTW, I agree with your comment about my sample, it has obvious flash effect
(reflections) but for this kind of shoots you cannot use tripod and there is
not possible to shoot without flash unless you have confidence to handhold
at less than 1/10s. For most insect shoots you need flash, that is life and
it can be done better if you have a good setup.

C.H.Ling