[OM] Re: which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: which slide film?
From: James Michael King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:04:33 +0100 (BST)
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Skip Williams wrote:

> I've standardized on Astia 100F (the new, and only version available now) for
> all my normal transparancy shooting.  For me, it offers natural looking flesh
> tones and realisticly saturated colors.  I think that Sensia is the same
> film, but in a "consumer" version.  I found Velvia too saturated.  And I
> don't have the need to keep trying new films.
>
> If you're in a quandry, I'd put 3-4 different films into three bodies, and
> shoot the same set of scenes, exposure lengths, and subjects (make sure to
> include people) with the same lenses on manual.  Then have the film delivered
> uncut and evaluate them on a light-table.  IOW, try to make your own decision.
>
> A somewhat narrow opinion.
>
> Skip

Thanks for the post skip
astisa is certainly a possibility if it can handle the long exposures.
Unfortunately I only have an om3 and a om2 backup at the moment. My om4ti
is still off being serviced (sigh). I sometimes wish the om had replacable
backs along the lines of my fathers old mamiya c330...
Regards
James