[OM] Re: Lake of the Clouds

Subject: [OM] Re: Lake of the Clouds
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:01:27 +0100
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 05:42:20 -0700 (PDT), Richard Lovison
<sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This was my first attempt at scanning a slide on the Epson 3170.  The
> only way I could manage details in the shadows and highlights was to
> use the Curves Tool in the Epson software... could have done the same
> thing in Photoshop as well.  I'm sure all you Photoshop experts will
> let me know if  I did well or not. ;)  Enjoy. :)
>
> http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/Michigan.html
>
> Richard

Love the shot, Richard.

IMHO it would improve with application of the local contrast enhancement
technique recently discussed here, i.e. Unsharp Mask settings of about
25-50 Amount, 200-ish Radius, zero Threshold.

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com