[OM] Re: Glitzy hood

Subject: [OM] Re: Glitzy hood
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 11:31:16 -0700

>IMHO, I find screw-in hoods more user friendly w/polarizers

True enough Fernando, but with slim pols there are no threads. I find it
a simple matter to clamp the hood onto the outer filter ring and then
you can rotate the hood as with the screw in version. Works only if the
pol is the same diameter as the lens barrel of course. This is worth
checking when buying a pol. And of course this is only an issue with a
few of the wides where the slim filter is required or when sharing a
slim pol among several lenses.

mike