[OM] Re: OM40 / OMG OM2 OM2n and T10 Ring Flash

Subject: [OM] Re: OM40 / OMG OM2 OM2n and T10 Ring Flash
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:12:29 +0100
"The information about the shoe models is wonky, IMHO."

'umility is all very well, Michael, but it doesn't h'excuse h'inaccuracy
(not IMHO, but desrvedly angst-ridden lest I have got it wrong, again) :-)

Shoe 2 and Shoe 3 both have one pin in addition to the screw - the position
of the contact in the hotshoe differs - and both do fit the OM-2 (*only* the
OM-2, not the 2n, nor the 1 or 1n).  Shoe 2 connects the OM-2 to the QA310
flash, while Shoe 3 connects the OM-2 to a T-series flash.

Shoe 4 has two pins in addition to the screw and connects the OM-1n and
OM-2n (not the OM-1 or OM-2) to a T-series flash.

I confess that was written without looking at the offending table, but with
the benefit of Shoes [1], 2, 3 and 4 in fromt of me, with an OM-2.

Thanks *very* much for the hint about URLs, I hope the above is suitable
recompense!

Piers