[OM] 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5

Subject: [OM] 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:44:15 -0300
on 30/08/2004 04:13, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Please let me know if the
> images are dark on your monitor; they were taken in the evening light
> and so are low key, but I want to make sure that my monitor & colour
> space setup are working for the web as well as they are for my
> printing.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your advice concerning the 50-250, I looked carefully at CHLing
tests.
This is a one-touch zoom, IIRC? - I'm so old fahioned that I prefer 2
touch... :-)
It seems somehow foreseeable that newer designs would outperform the old
85~250, at least on definition & contrast & size; if not on heavy duty
construction.
As for colour, yellow looks great but why do I see their leeves too blue?
Perhaps my old 15AV monitor, despite careful calibration.
Happenned to me when scanning Velvia 50 w/Nikon 4000, and they were lit by a
T-32 (not a low key, I'd say).

Best,

Fernando.