[OM] Re: Welford Northamptonshire #6

Subject: [OM] Re: Welford Northamptonshire #6
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:00:29 +0100
And young couples are having a great deal of trouble finding houses
that they can afford.  My (admittedly limited) experience of the house
market in the US is that your houses depreciate in value, and you can
set off the loss against tax.  In this country the market is
appreciating fast.

My house has quadruple in "value" in 10 years.  It means nothing as I
could not take any profit from that and still have a house big enough
for my OM, Zuikos, Bronica, Contax and darkroom tent ;-).  However, I
might have to sell it to be able to help my sons put down deposits on
houses themselves ...

Chris

On 27 Aug 2004, at 8:59, Piers Hemy wrote:

> House prices at that level (and the mortgage payments involved) often
> indicate penury rather than riches!
>
> Piers

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker