[OM] Re: 24/2.8 coating

Subject: [OM] Re: 24/2.8 coating
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:45:29 +0100 (BST)
> So the answer is twofold.
>
> 1. Ask the seller to say exactly what the entire front ring says. I have
> successfully done this on eB*y.
>
> 2. Percentages are very much in favor of it being SC.
>
> Moose

Moose
I have 2 24 F2.8s one is serial number around 16,000 and has a blue tinge
to the glass just like cheap 35-70 F4 single coated. I also have one
around 19,000 which has a slight golden tinge like my 35-70 F3.6 MC.
Neither of these two 24mm say MC but the earlier one is a .Zuiko and the
later one is a zuiko. So I guess sometime between 16,000 and 19,000 the
change over occured.
Good luck
James