[OM] Re: 24/2.8 coating

Subject: [OM] Re: 24/2.8 coating
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:02:00 -0700
The clear indicator is simple, if there is a letter and dot/period
before the word "ZUIKO', it is single coated, otherwise it is multi
coated, no matter whether it is silver or black nosed, says "MC" or not.
The one way this can go wrong is if the lens has been serviced and the
original front ring has been replaced. The rule applies to all normal
single focal length lenses.

The rule for zooms is even simpler. If it is not a 70-150/4, it is MC.
If it is a 75-150/4 and doesn't say MC, it is SC.

Moose