[OM] Re: ID this bird please?

Subject: [OM] Re: ID this bird please?
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:20:13 -0700
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:43:30 -0500, Joel Wilcox
<jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Siddiq,
> I'm very impressed at how close you seem to have been to that bird.  Our
> herons are so intensely shy and watchful that it is very hard to sneak up
> on them.   Makes me suspect that it is indeed an entirely different
> species.  In any case, nice capture.

Oh no, as much as I'd love to claim credit to stealth and patience, that
is a cropped version, for ID purposes. Was using the 200/4, on uncle's
"ranch" (more like orchard since they switched out from livestock to
fruits and grains now). There were lots of these in the pond, and more
seated on stone posts (that held wire for grape vine support). Alas, only
had time for a few shots before being called away. I will also credit
Roger Wesson for suggesting to take the 200 in the first place--had
intended to get by with 35-70/3.6 and 28/3.5 only--for potential birding
use.

-
/S
aim:iddibhai