[OM] Re: ID this bird please?

Subject: [OM] Re: ID this bird please?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:09:57 -0400
It IS NOT a Great Blue Heron, which is mostly blue/gray...although there is a
rare white race in Florida called the Great White Heron that has a yellow bill.

This bird is definitely a heron or egret.  Color is irrelevant, as I've seen
herons in green, dark red, white, gray, blue, and black and all colors in
between.  An exact ID will need a good area guide.  I have a "Birds of India"
at home, but won't be back there until next Wed, 9/1.

Skip