[OM] Re: Telescopic Auto Tube with OM-4Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Telescopic Auto Tube with OM-4Ti
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:08:59 -0500
Sounds like a "combination problem" -- that particular TeleTube and that
particular OM-4 just aren't lining up properly.  In this case, I suspect
that the arm for the aperture is slipping past the coupling ring in the
body.

You might be able to see a scratch mark on the tab of the plastic coupling
ring inside the front of the mount of the OM-4, where the metal arm in the
TeleTube is slipping over it.  Or you might try holding the shutter open in
"B", looking through the back of the camera, and operating the aperture ring
of a lens attached to the TeleTube -- you can see the coupling ring turning
(if it is!) from the back.

There's a slim chance that the coupling ring will have to be replaced, but
more likely the arm in the TeleTube needs to be "adjusted" slightly.  You'll
want to send both items together if you want it corrected.