[OM] Re: Wireless HI-FI connect

Subject: [OM] Re: Wireless HI-FI connect
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:42:48 +0100
My suggestion.
The difficulty is simply in transmitting the power. Therefore don't...
Get one of the plentiful cheap integrated amplifiers you will find in Cash
Converters or similar. You can get something like a Mission Cyrus1 for
peanuts and it will be more than adequate. Reliable too, and small - just
not very pretty.
Get a wireless extender from just about anywhere. Cost around £100. Currys
sell them for watching sky in your bedroom, but there are others.
Put the send next to the "music centre"
Plug the receive into the new amp, which is sitting comfortably in the other
room,
New amp connects to speakers.
Job done.
Most of the transmitters will also send any infra red signals back from the
receive end to the send end, so woks well for CD players etc. It won't be
the highest of Fi, which is why I wouldn't suggest spending much on the
remote end amplifier, but should be acceptable.

Julian